M. Dudnikov1, Deputy Head of Department, E-mail: MDudnikov@naftogaz.com,
V. Mykhailov2, Dr. Sci. (Geol.), Prof., E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
GAS CONTENT OF THE ARTEMIVSK AREA TIGHT ROCKS
IN THE SOUTHEASTERN DNIEPER-DONETSK DEPRESSION
1National Joint-Stock Company "Naftogaz of Ukraine", 6 B. Khmelnitskogo Str., Kyiv, 01601 Ukraine,
2Institute of Geology, Taras Schevchenko National University of Kyiv, 90 Vasylkivska Str., Kyiv, 03022 Ukraine
The purpose of the article is to consider the geological structure and oil and gas content of the Artemivsk area. Previous geological exploration revealed traces of oil and gas in the Middle Carbonic Moscovian sediments. A complex analysis of field geophysical survey data allowed the authors to identify numerous gas saturated tight reservoirs in the Artemivsk area. The technique included a complex interpretation of well-logging and mud-logging data, results of core analysis and a description of thin rock sections. The obtained results suggest that there is a strong likelihood of discovering new unconventional gas fields in the Artemivsk area.
There has been confirmed the presence of oil and gas in the tight Middle Carbonic rocks of the southeastern Dnieper-Donetsk Depression. These sediments were earlier considered as lacking prospects of having hydrocarbon deposits, hence the scientific novelty of the research. Further inquiry concerning the adjacent subsurface sites can be expected to produce new interesting findings. The presence of oil and gas in the Artemivsk area, which has been identified, expands the hydrocarbon resource base of the southeastern Dnieper-Donetsk Depression. A practical application of the authors' recommendations combined with modern hydrocarbon exploration and production technologies will facilitate detecting new gas fields and increase its production.
Keywords: Dnieper-Donetsk Depression, Artemivsk area, reservoir, core, log, organic compound, gas saturation.
1. Makogon V., (2010). Report on the geological results of the drilling well Artemivsk 1. Chernigiv (In Ukrainian).
2. Dudnikov M.S., (2012). Perspectives of oil and gas possibilities in south-eastern part of Dniprovsko-Donetsk depression. Visnyk of Kyiv university: Geology, 58, 36-40 (In Ukrainian).
3. Mihailov V., Krupskiy Y., (2011). Perspectives of gas-contains unconsolidated rocks of oil and gas basins of Ukraine. Kyiv (In Ukrainian).
4. Golovashkin A., Babaev V., (2001). The project on the parametric drilling wells in Artemovsk area. Kharkiv (In Ukrainian).
5. Boyer Ch., Kieschnik J., Cuarez-Rivera R., Lewis R.E., Waters G., (2006). Producing Gas from its Source. Oilfield Rewiew, Autumn, 36–49.