M. Bondarenko1, Cand. Sci. (Geol.), Postdoctoral Student;
V. Kulyk1, Cand. Sci. (Phys.-Math.), Leading Research Associate, E-mail: email@example.com
DETERMINATION OF POROSITY AND GAS SATURATION FACTOR OF RESERVOIRS
IN ACCORDANCE WITH PT-CONDITIONS OF OCCURRENCE
1 Subbotin Institute of Geophysics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 32 Palladin ave., Kyiv-142, 03680 Ukraine
The porosity of the gas reservoir can be determined using a complex of radioactivity logging (RL) as the weighted arithmetic average of the apparent porosities from density log (DL) and neutron-neutron log (NNL). It is shown that the weight factors of averaging depend on the thermobarometric conditions of beds occurrence (primarily from the formation pressure). Weight factors depend on the density and the hydrogen index of gas, and also depend on lithologycal properties. A method for determination of gas saturation factor is proposed. Gas saturation factor is proportional to the ratio of the difference between apparent porosities of DL and NNL to the true porosity of the RL, with proportionality factor calculated similarly to weight factors of averaging. The parameters under investigation were estimated depending on the temperature and pressure conditions of beds occurrence to a depth of 8 km. Examples of the effect of abnormally high formation pressures for gas deposits of the Dnieper-Donets Depression are given. The effectiveness and informativeness of the developed approaches are demonstrated on an example of methanecoal cased well (Donets basin). Formation lithology is estimated, gas-saturated reservoirs are resolved, true porosity and gas saturation factor of reservoirs are determined.
Keywords: gas reservoir, complex of neutron logging and density logging, porosity and weight factors of averaging, gas saturation factor and proportionality factor, thermobarometric conditions.
1. Antsiferov A.V., Golubev A.A., Kanin V.A. et al., (2010). Gas-bearing capacity and methane resources of coal basins of Ukraine [Gazonosnost i resursy metana ugolnykh basseynov Ukrainy]. Monograph in 3 vols. – Donetsk, Veber Publ. (In Russian).
2. Gimatudinov Sh.K., (1971). Physics of oil and gas reservoir [Fizika neftyanogo i gazovogo plasta]. – Moscow, Nedra Publ. – 312 p. (In Russian).
3. Interpretation of results of logging of oil and gas wells [Interpretatsiya rezultatov geofizicheskikh issledovaniy neftyanykh i gazovukh skvazhin]. Handbook. Edited by V.M. Dobrynin, (1988). – Moscow, Nedra Publ. – 476 p. (In Russian).
4. Lukin A.E., (2014). Hydrocarbon potential of large depths and the prospects of its development in Ukraine [Uglevodorodnyy potentsial bolshikh glubin i perspektivy ego osvoeniya v Ukraine]. Geophysical journal – Geofizicheskiy zhurnal, 36(4). – –. 3-21. (In Russian).
5. Melik-Pashaev V.S., Khalimov E.M., Seregina V.N., (1983). Abnormal formation pressures in oil and gas deposits [Anomalno vysokie plastovye davleniya na neftyanykh i gazovykh mestorozhdeniyakh]. – Moscow, Nedra Publ. – 181 p. (In Russian).
6. Kulyk V.V., Bondarenko M.S., Kryvonos O.M., (2014). Method of determination of gas-bearing reservoirs parameters [Sposib vyznachennya parametriv gazonosnykh kolektoriv]. Patent UA, no. 106560. (In Ukrainian).
7. Petrenko V.I. Khoroshilova L.V., Saitov R.F., (2004). Thermobaric parameters of hydrocarbon deposits and their effect on the gas-phase mass transfer [Termobaricheskie parametry zalezhey uglevodorodov i ikh vliyanie na gazofaznyy masso-perenos]. Proc. of the North Caucasus State Technical University. A series of "Natural science" – Sbornik nauchnykh trudov Severo-Kavkazskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta. Seriya "Estestvoznanie", 1(7). (In Russian).
8. Kabyshev Yu., Vakarchuk S., Stryzhak V. et al., (2011). The current state of research of basin-center gas in the Dnieper-Donets depression [Sovremennoe sostoyanie issledovaniy gaza Úsentralnobasseynovogo tipa v Dneprovsko-Donetskoy vpadine]. Geologist of Ukraine – Geolog Ukrainy, 2. – –. 120-124. (In Russian).
9. Fenin G.I., (2010). Abnormal formation pressures in zones of hydrocarbon accumulation of oil and gas basins [Anomalnye plastovye davleniya v zonakh uglevodorodonakopleniya neftegazonosnykh basseynov]. Oil and gas geology. Theory and practice. – Neftegazovaya geologiya. Teoriya i praktika, 5(4). (In Russian).
10. Alger R.P., Dewal J.T., (1969). —ombined sidewall neutron porosity gamma-gamma tool. Patent US, no. 3453433.
11. DasGupta U., (1997). Method for determining porosity in an invaded gas reservoir. Patent US, no. 5684299.
12. Gas Reservoir. Encyclopedia Britannica. Available at: www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/226468/gas-reservoir.