A. Brovko1, Postgraduate Student, E-mail: email@example.com;
G. Brovko2, Senior Lecturer, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
O. Koshlyakov1, Head of Department, Dr. Sci. (Geol.), E-mail: email@example.com
ESTIMATION OF GEOSYSTEM STABILITY AS A METHODOLOGICAL APPROACH FOR DETERMINATION
OF THE TECHNOGENIC IMPACT ON GROUNDWATER
(CASE STUDY OF QUATERNARY AQUIFER ON THE TERRITORY OF RIVNE NPP)
1 Institute of Geology, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, 90 Vasylkivska Str., Kyiv, 03022 Ukraine,
2 Institute of Water Management and Nature Resources Use, National University of Water management and Nature Resources Use, 79 Prykhodka Str., Rivne, 33002 Ukraine
The goal of the research is to determine the degree of stability for the Quaternary aquifer against technogenic impacts on the territory of Rivne NPP (Rivne nuclear power plant). When estimating groundwater stability the statistical methods and methods of mathematical and cartographic modeling were applied. Hydrodynamic, hydrogeochemical and hydrogeothermal components of groundwater system in time were characterized. The degree of groundwater stability to anthropogenic impact was estimated on the Rivne NPP industrial site. It was established that this impact revealed itself in chemical and hydrothermal changes. We observed increase in mineralization and temperature of groundwater. For today this effect is of local character with a tendency to capture more and more territory in the course of time. Reliability of the results of this research is confirmed by using two methodological approaches, namely, statistical and mathematical cartography. The groundwater condition is defined to be weakly broken in accordance with the general environmental state, and the ecological status of the zone is determined as a risk zone.
Keywords: groundwater system, system's stability, technogenic impact, GIS.
1. Grodzynskyj M.D., (1995). Geosystem's resistance to anthropogenic loads [Stijkist geosystem do antropogennych navantazhen]. Kyiv, Likej, 233 p. (In Ukrainian).
2. Koshlyakov O.E., (2011). Geological environment hydrogeodynamic component monitoring for urban territories (on a GIS basis) [Monitoryng gidrogeodynamichnoyi skladovoyi geologichnogo seredovyshha urbanizovanych terytorij (na osnovi GIS)]: thesis for the Dr. Sci. degree: 04.00.05 "Geoinformatics" [dysertacija na zdobuttia nauk. stupeniu d-ra geol. nauk : 04.00.05 "Geologichna informatyka"]. Kyiv. (In Ukrainian).
3. Trofimov V.T., Ziling D.G., (2002). Ecological geology. ╠oscow, Geoinformmark, 415 p. (In Russian).
4. Shalimov M.O., (2006). Landscape Ecology. Conspectus for students of 7.07080 - Ecology and Environment Protection [Landshaftna ekologiya. Konspekt lekcij dlya studentiv specialnosti 7.07080 – ekologiya i okhorona navkolyshnogo seredovyshha]. Odesa: Science and technique - Nauka i texnika, 152 p. (In Ukrainian).
5. Sanz D., Kastano S., Gomez-Alday J.J., (2012). GIS applied to the Hydrogeologic Characterization – Examples to Mancha Oriental Aquifer (SE Spain). Application of Geographic Information Systems, 197-218.